Wish Me Tomorrow

Wish Me Tomorrow - Karen Rock Okay, so I’d been hearing a lot of great things about Karen Rock and her sister-in-law’s book titled Camp Boyfriend, but I never really got the chance to read it. Then I found out there was a blog tour for this novel, and considering it was written by Karen Rock, I jumped at the chance to sign up for it. I had high hopes for this book, and I find it safe to say that I wasn’t disappointed. I even had the impression that it was going to be this heavy tearjerker, seeing that it revolved around the topic of cancer (like The Fault in our Stars), but I was wrong. Sure, there were a whole lot of emotional moments, but they were far from depressing. The story deeply moved me, and it’s about finding love in places where you never thought you would.

The characters were all so beautiful and perfect. I loved every single one of them and how they all had this part to play in the story. I adore Christie the most, because despite her past and all the things she had to go through, she still emerged strong –stronger than before, even. She just has this unfading radiance in her personality and this complete willingness to help others that has become hard to find nowadays. I was really sad for Becca, who felt so lost and confused amidst her problems. I kind of got annoyed with Eli at first, honestly, because he was always in denial and was so set on the idea that he could do everything by himself. It was great, though, that he managed to gradually open up as the plot went along, and how this helped his relationship with his family. It was really sweet that he always seemed to be so selfless when it came to his children. Amazingly, all these people came together and were able to help each other learn to accept, to love, and to grow. The love between Christie and Eli was so solid and pure – something that is rare these days. Eli was able to accept Christie’s imperfections and even love her for them, making their relationship all the more incredible. Normally, I would complain about open endings, but in this case, I think that the ending was written perfectly.

Overall, the novel was heartwarming and genuine. It made me ponder on a lot of things and really reflect on my life. It taught me to forgive, to accept, to be open to new opportunities, and to live, but most importantly, it reminded me that no matter the circumstances, we can always hope and wish for tomorrow.