Divergent

Divergent - Veronica Roth This is a book I’d heard a lot about from my friends, but I only decided to read it recently. I regret that now, because this book was absolutely breathtaking! This book took my breath away. Ohmygosh, THE FEELS! :O I loved the entire plot – from the factions to the romance – everything! It sucks you right into the story, and just reading it already made me feel like I was a part of it all. The characters were developed well, especially Beatrice. She was introduced as this timid little girl, but by the end she’d broken out of her shell, becoming stronger and bolder. The romance between her and Four was not rushed at all, which made it all the more realistic. The selflessness shown by Beatrice’s parents was so touching that it even made me tear up a little. This book inspired me, teaching me so much about family, love, fear, and true bravery.

I pulled an all-nighter reading the book, and I’m definitely adding this one to my list of favorites. I’m already excited to continue to Insurgent! For those looking for a fast-paced, action-packed dystopian novel, I completely recommend reading Divergent!